Monday, February 13, 2012

Stawberry Almond Cheesecake Bites


For so many of us, a large portion of Valentine's Day includes the whole family.  Ever since my kids were small, we've made this fun and healthy treat to celebrate the national day of Love.

Kids love to help pulverize the graham crackers, and they do a fantastic job.  Simply place the crackers in a ziploc bag and give them a rolling pin; they seem to know exactly what to do.  Even though my kids are teenagers now, this is still a favorite job.


While they are having fun beating the blazes out of the graham crackers, you can get the cheesecake dip together.  In a matter of minutes, you have a "build your own" sort of strawberry cheesecake bunch of love going on.




Strawberry Almond Cheesecake Bites
Makes about 1 cup dip

  • 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulls in tact, washed and patted dry
  • 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/3 c plain yogurt
  • 1 Tbs heavy whipping cream
  • 2 tsp raw  honey
  • 1/3 tsp pure almond extract
  • 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs (preferably home made)
  • 1/4 finely chopped almonds
In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, yogurt, whipping cream, honey, and almond extract with a hand held mixer until smooth and creamy; about 2 minutes.


Place the cream cheese mixture into a bowl.

Combine graham cracker crumbs and almonds in another bowl.

Grab the strawberries by the hull, dip them into the cream cheese mixture, then roll in the graham cracker mixture, and enjoy.



Happy Valentine's Day!




10 comments:

  1. This is brilliant! What's not to love?! Cheesecake, graham crackers and strawberries is a perfect combination and just right for the 14th! Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo I love this idea! I think I'm going to try these tonight, super simple and they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I love these cheesecake strawberries!
    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM, this looks awesome! Sending you some co-host chocolate love! Happy valentines day!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, fantastic! Love the idea of this, so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These really sound delicious. I always enjoy my visits here. I never leave empty handed and my family ends up with something new totry. I hope you have a great evening. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks,everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...