Thursday, June 7, 2012

Tartar Sauce


 Because sometimes, we cannot deny Tartar Sauce it's rightful place in the world.

Give me a breaded, fried perch sandwich, served on rye bread with a slice of onion, slathered with tartar sauce...and I won't speak to anyone until it's gone.

I'm not kidding.

Sigh.

Mayonnaise and pickles...

I am so not a Food Elitist.

And tartar sauce is a very good thing. 


Tartar Sauce
makes about 1 cup
  • 1 c mayonnaise (the real stuff...or better yet, make your own.  Recipe coming soon.)
  • 2 Tbs finely chopped dill pickle
  • 1 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 tsp shredded onion
  • 1 tsp lemon juice







Combine all ingredients in a bowl.


Mix well.  Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.

Serve with fish or french fries, or whatever you deem fit.

5 comments:

  1. I love this post! Fabulous!! I love tartar sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is NOTHING like homemade tartar sauce. I even dip my fries in it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word - seasoned french fried dipped in tartar sauce...that's darn near breakfast food.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...