Saturday, March 31, 2012

Thank You

Earlier this week, The Art of Cooking Real Food was awarded three awards by Jessica from Oh Cake and The Food Blogger's Network.  I'm honored to have even been considered!  Again, thank you so much, Jessica!


The first award is the Sunshine Award.  The rules for the Sunshine Award are:  
  • Include the award logo in your blog 
  • Answer 10 questions about yourself
  • Nominate 10 bloggers
  • Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
  • Share the love and link the person who nominated you
  1. Favorite Color - Red, the darker, the better.
  2. Favorite Animal - Dog!
  3. Favorite Number - I really don't think I have one.
  4. Favorite non-alcoholic drink - water; I'm simple like that.
  5. Facebook or Twitter - Facebook. I'm still trying to understand Twitter.
  6. My passion - Food!  And being able to choose, grow, and/or raise our own unadulterated food.
  7. Prefer giving or receiving presents - Giving.  For sure.
  8. Favorite Pattern - if it is in regards to clothing, plain is my favorite pattern (I'm boring that way).
  9. Favorite day of the week - Wednesday - it's oddly the least busy of all the days.
  10. Favorite flower - Peonies are my favorite, followed by roses.



The second award is the Kreativ Blogger Award. The rules for the Kreativ Blogger Award are to list 10 facts about myself and then pay the award forward to six blogs. Here goes:


1. I have begun writing 3 different novels, but have only finished one.
2. I love reading the classics and YA fiction (but only the good stuff ;-)
3. I love politics - or, rather, I quite hate them, but I can't help gathering as much information as possible.
4. I'm an information junkie.
5. I think it would be pretty cool to be able to grow most of our own food and eventually live off the grid when I grow up. 
6. I have a very dry sense of humor and often people don't know when to take me seriously, which, sometimes, is kind of funny to me.
7. I rarely watch television.
8. I cannot use text speak, even when I text.  I have to type full, complete sentences.  I can't help it.  OMG.
9. I'm allergic to shellfish.
10. I am staunchly anti-"diet" (with exception of severe illness) and by the same token pro-" whole food".  Unintentionally, by eating real foods we were able to lower my husband's "bad" cholesterol by over 100 points and alter another individual's insulin dependent Type 2 diabetes  to the point of not needing medication or insulin for the past three years just by cutting out the processed foods and eating the real stuff. And that's pretty cool.



The rules for the Versatile Blogger award are to:
Thank the person who gave you the award and link to their blog - Thank you very much, Jessica!  List 7 things about yourself (See above) and pass it on as well as inform the blogger you've awarded them.  











I know some of these blogs have already received these awards from other bloggers, but I decided to still pass them on because the following bloggers' words, purpose, recipes, and just positive energy have inspired me and made me smile.  And I couldn't decide which award to give each of these talented bloggers, so I'm passing on all three to each of them.

Megan Peck Cooks
Virtually Vegan Mama
Christine's Pantry
The Mom Chef
Mis Pensiamentos
Roxana Green Girl
My Twisted Recipes
In Fine Balance
Juanitas Cocina
Jaim's Kitchen
Mom, What's For Dinner
Red Shallot Kitchen
The Saucy Gormet
The Hungry Couple 
Vegan Yack Attack
Mother Rimmy's Cooking Light Done Right

If you haven't enjoyed these blogs, I urge you to take a look.  They are wonderful, informative, and you'll find some pretty great recipes there.  I feel so fortunate to have found so many fantastic blogs since beginning The Art of Cooking Real Food, and the community is definitely something special.

Thank you all!


9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I truly appreciate it. Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve them, Laura! Keep up the great work... I am mentally sending you a big bunch of peonies. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ow, thanks for the awards. I am truly honored to know that my simple food and recipe blog is recognized. And congrats on your award, too. Loving your blog a whole lot, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome :-) You have a great blog and some lovely recipes!

      Delete
  4. thank you for the award! peonies are one of my favorite flowers too :) it's been lovely getting to know you thru the lovebloghop :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura! Congratulations on well deserved awards. I always enjoy visiting your blog. You've done a wonderful job here. And thank you for passing your awards on to me. I am truly honored that you would add me to your list. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, Congrats on your awards!!! AND thank you for passing them on to me and for including with such a great group of bloggers. I am honored.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...